History of Erlanger United Methodist Church

The Erlanger United Methodist Church had its beginning as the Erlanger Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1888, when it was organized with eleven charter members. Services were held in a frame building purchased from and formerly occupied by a “Union Congregation,” the first in the community.

In 1924 educational facilities were added to the building. On January 4, 1948, fire damaged the building too extensively to warrant repair. The present sanctuary was built on the original site, with the first service being held New Year’s Day 1950. The annex, including additional sanctuary space, and Sunday School classrooms, was built in 1961.  In 1968 there was a union of the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church to form the United Methodist Church
On July 3, 1977, ground was broken for the last existing addition to the present building. This addition now houses the day care center, more Sunday School class rooms, an area for youth, a music room, parlor, pastor’s study, and secretary’s office. The church has an active ministry in the community of Erlanger, Kentucky, and through The United Methodist Church shares in missionary work in ninety nations of the world.
Over the past 100 years the Church has had Forty- six pastors, and from 11 members has grown to over 100 families.